A rare variety that produces a more leafy, sweeter head that grows to 16" long and 6"wide. The light green leaves are tender and very flavorful. Perfect for pickling and stir-fry. Will tolerate light freezes. Good for all climates especially milder.
1. For the biggest yields place plants in raised composted beds. Water regularly.
2. Harden off- and set out after all danger of frost is past in a nice sunny spot.
3. For the biggest yields place plants in raised composted beds. Water regularly.
4. After harvest cure in the sun for several days
1. Keep plants well watered
2. Seed can be sown indoors 6 weeks before last frost date
1. Grow in a standard potting mix
2. Place in bright filtered light
3. Likes a deep, rich well fertilized soil
4. Keep moist and feed once a month
5. Transplant when large enough to handle into pots
6. Keep humid if in dry conditions by occasional misting
7. Do not allow to remain in standing water
1. Cabbage is a good source of Vitamin C
2. In Greek mythology the cabbage sprang from fallen tears of a Thracian king who was about to be killed by Dionysus for uprooting some of his favorite grapevines
3. Cabbage was an expensive vegetable in Roman days
4. By the 15th century cabbage was widely used and cultivated in Europe
5. Cabbage was brought to the New World by early settlers
Some seeds require some experience in growing. We provide germination guidance and recommend that you do some research before ordering if you feel unsure. Growing plants from seed is supposed to be fun. Sometimes it is successful and sometimes not- this is the way it is with gardening. Because we are not there to plant them, we cannot be responsible for germination failure due to improper planting or climate conditions. We will always send you viable seeds
We thank you for your support of rare and naturally grown seeds!
This widely adaptable plant can be used for a wide range of uses including, standard growing as well as the greenhouse or houseplant. It makes the perfect patio plant but, will need protection from frost. Keep well watered until established.
Each seed pack you buy from us is:
Properly labeled and packaged in individual packs.
Each label has information specific to the seed you are buying!
We have been in the garden - seed business for over 40 years and were one of the first to sell seeds on the internet many years ago. We will give you quality seed and service. We will be there for you not only today but down the road from now should you need growing help or more seeds. We thank you in advance for your business.
Note: all seeds are fresh and viable. We will not and can not be responsible for the germination of any seed since everyone has their own methods of starting, growing and planting them. We will only advise you of what we think works best. See below for more information.
It is the buyer’s responsibility to know whether any plant or seed is acceptable or allowable for the area being shipped to. Seller is not responsible for buyer’s use of plant or seeds and any dangers thereof. By purchasing this item buyer accepts this understanding.
Seed is a live product which depends on many important grower skills such as proper planting time, seed depth, type of soil, watering, light intensity, proper use of fertilizers, weed controls, fungicides, insecticides, soil conditions, and reasonable weather during the growing period. These factors are totally out of the sellers control, and germination and growing results are the buyer's responsibility and risk.